Indian cuisine is known worldwide for its blend of cultures and diversifying taste. It is known for the rich use of traditional spices that make food a bliss to your taste buds and also beneficial to your health. With cooking such type of food, everyday cleaning of utensils becomes a tedious task. All the oil and masala stains and odors do not get off quickly and reduce your utensils’ shine with time. Dismally, a large number of people in India still prefer to wash dishes by hand. Using your hands to clean utensils exposes your skin to harsh detergents and chemicals. And washing dishes by hand is not effective in cleaning all the grease and oil from your utensils. Also, many times fragile items like china or glassware tend to break by slipping through hands. Therefore, having a dishwasher in your kitchen will help you in a lot many ways.
A dishwasher makes sure to clean your utensils properly, all the while saving you time and keeping you healthy. It adds class to your home while making your lifestyle simple. There are many benefits a dishwasher can offer; therefore, you must choose the one most suitable for your kitchen. With so many brands in the market, choosing a dishwasher that not only meets your demands but also blends into your kitchen can become very confusing. You may go to the market, and the salesperson might confuse you with so many choices. That is why it is essential to do your own research. It would help if you understood the various aspects surrounding a dishwasher before zeroing in on the one you want to go for.
This article will help you pick out the perfect dishwasher for your kitchen and help you understand the various things you should look for when you are about to buy one.
[Compare] Top Best 5 Dishwashers in India
|Best Dishwasher||Capacity||Warranty||Check Price|
|Voltas Beko 8 Place Table-Top||8 Place Settings||2 Year on Product|
5 Years on Motor
|Faber 12 Place Setting||12 Litres||2 Year on Product|
|Hafele Aqua 12S||12 Place Settings||1 Year on Product|
|Elica 12 Place Settings||12 Place Settings||5 Year on Product|
|Bosch 12 Place||12 Place Settings||2 Year on Product|
Let us see the best dishwashers that are available for the Indian kitchen in the market.
Best Dishwashers in India
There are a lot of brands in the market that have come with fantastic dishwashers to attend to your needs and demands. In this list, we will feature the top 5 dishwashers that are available in India.
1. Voltas Beko 8 Place Table-Top Dishwasher
Voltas is a trusted name around the world when it comes to home appliances. People love the Beko DT8S dishwasher by this brand for its compact design to fit anywhere in the kitchen without occupying much space. It is one of the best dishwashers for the Indian kitchen. It provides six different wash programs suitable to clean any utensils (tawas, kadhais, etc.) in the Indian household. The various programs under it have very useful functions. The clean and shine program provides high-quality cleaning and drying for your utensils and glassware, and the mini 30 programs come in handy when you don’t have a lot of heavy-duty washing to do. The two spray arms in the upper and lower racks help ensure a thorough and robust wash for your utensils.
With an eight Place Setting, this machine can fit up to 96 vessels and has adjustable shelves to place larger utensils. This device’s unique ECO program makes sure to save water and electricity, making it highly energy efficient. The cleaning is done at 70 degrees Celsius using powerful jets to facilitate hygienic and efficient cleaning of highly soiled crockeries.
The Voltas Beko DT8S dishwasher comes with a 2-year warranty on a comprehensive product and a 5-year warranty on the motor.
If you want to know more about this product, Voltas Beko 8 Place Table-Top Dishwasher Review, cleaning way, and special features are: Voltas Beko Dishwasher Review in 2021
- Easy to install and perfect for small families.
- Clean and shine program contributes to safe and efficient cleaning of glassware.
- Intensive cleaning at 70 degrees Celsius to eliminate all impurities.
- May consume more time to complete a cycle.
2. Faber 12 Place Setting Dishwasher
The Faber FFSD 6PR 12S Neo dishwasher with 12 place setting is a perfect choice for families with 4 to 6 members. This appliance comes with height adjustable upper racks and foldable racks to fit all sorts of crockeries. It makes sure to remove all the oil and masala stains with its six wash programs (eco, glass, intensive, 90 minutes, self-clean, rapid, and intensive) and leave you with clean utensils. The most remarkable feature of this dishwasher is the half-load feature that allows you to start the cleaning process before the dish load is complete.
It is an ideal device for your kitchen with features that help save a lot of water and energy, thereby not harming the environment. The delay start feature in this dishwasher allows you to instruct it when to begin its operations, makes it quite user-friendly.
This product comes with a 2-year comprehensive warranty on the product and 5-years on rust-through only.
- The half-load feature allows you to start before the dish load is complete.
- Cleans using water at a high temperature up to 69 degrees Celsius to eliminates all the germs and stains.
- It is priced on the higher side.
3. Hafele Aqua 12S Dishwasher
The free-standing Hafele Aqua 12S dishwasher is one of the best to have when it comes to a hygienic kitchen. The 12-place setting in this dishwasher provides you with ample room for your utensils and is apt for the average Indian family. It comes with a particular glass care program to pay extra attention to your glassware. It uses just 11 liters of water to clean your dishes under its ECO program, making it quite environmental-friendly. This dishwasher also has a three-fold filtration system to ensure your drainage pipes do not clog and perfect water circulation is maintained.
The racks and spikes in this machine are coated with nylon to provide a gentle load on your fragile crockeries during washing and drying. The child lock ensures that the settings of the device remain intact and cannot be changed accidentally.
- Saves a lot of water.
- Pays extra attention to your glassware through its soft touch shelves.
- Ensures efficient drying without leaving behind any wet utensils.
- High power consumption.
4. Elica 12 Place Settings Dishwasher (WQP12-7605V SS)
This 12-place setting dishwasher by Elica is next on our list of the best dishwashers in India in 2020. This dishwasher provides you with five wash programs to choose from and has a soft touch control panel to help you monitor your wash cycle. It maintains a high temperature of 70 degrees Celsius to ensure thorough cleaning and eliminates 99.99% bacteria and germs.
This is a super spacious dishwasher with a separate cutlery tray to avoid any breakage or scratching. It comes with an insulated wire grid to prevent any possible leakages. It uses 10 liters of water for a normal wash cycle of 1 hour, contributing to saving water and time both.
This product comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Half load feature available.
- Saves water.
- Not so budget-friendly.
5. Bosch 12 Place Settings Dishwasher
Bosch 12 Place Setting dishwasher is the perfect choice for people looking for a practical yet pocket-friendly dishwasher. This dishwasher provides 7 different wash cycles to choose from, like the ECO mode to save water and electricity, the glass mode for your fragile items, and many more. You can also use this product to reduce water consumption ave Water – Uses 10litre of water. While manual washing uses minimum 60 liters of water; Save time – Get clean & dried utensils in just 59 minutes. It operates on very low noise levels, therefore keeping out any disturbance. The wash cycles are suitable for each and every type of utensil, be it stainless steel, ceramics, or any utensil that can be found in an Indian home.
This machine is quite user-friendly with easy button controls and LED displays. It also comes with a water softener slot to control the quality of water by adding water softeners.
This product Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years comprehensive warranty on product.
- Comes with a child lock for added protection.
- Provides half-load feature.
- Adjustable shelves available.
- Reduce water consumption.
- Not so compact design.
If you want to know more about dishwasher information you can get accurate information via the Wikipedia website. Read Now: Dishwasher Wikipedia
What to look for before buying a dishwasher?
Dishwashers indeed make lifestyle simple by eliminating one of the most tedious tasks in everyday household- washing and cleaning utensils. With so many brands and models in the market, it becomes difficult to choose the best one according to your requirement. Therefore, it is crucial to keep these few points in mind whenever you consider purchasing a dishwasher.
While looking for a dishwasher, it is important that you consider the size you want for your kitchen. Most dishwashers are of the built-in type that fit under-the-counter. Still, if you have a smaller space or live in a rented apartment where you can’t consider fitting the dishwasher permanently, you should consider going for a portable or the free-standing one.
Along with that, the size of your family also plays a role. The dishwashers are available in various capacities or place settings like 8, 12, and 16. It is crucial to choose the machine’s desired capacity as it indicates how many dishes can be washed at a time. The 12 place setting is most common and is suitable for families with up to 6 members. If your family is larger than that, you can always go for a dishwasher with 16 place settings.
Every dishwasher comes with different types of wash cycles according to which the machine works in various settings for temperature, water consumption, speed, etc. These wash cycles play a vital role as many glassware and utensils need special care and attention. Below are some of the wash cycles that users are allowed to choose in various dishwashers. Let us take a look.
- Regular wash:- This is the most commonly used wash cycle program by the users. Under this program, all the settings related to temperature, duration, etc. are maintained at the optimum level. It is used for utensils that we use every day.
- Automatic/ sensor wash:- The automatic wash cycle is meant to detect the dirt and grease on your dishes, and it automatically sets the temperature and duration of the wash. This wash cycle is not typical in all dishwashers, but its incorporation is gradually increasing in newer machines. This cycle should be used for mixed load and when you have dishes with different amounts of dirt.
- Delicate /glass wash:- This wash cycle is specially meant to attend to fragile items such as china, glassware, etc. It works at a low temperature and uses a gentle spray system to avoid breaking anything. You will see this program in almost every dishwasher out there.
- Eco wash: This wash program uses fewer resources like water and electricity and operates at lower temperatures than the regular wash. This makes your machine highly energy efficient.
- Rapid/ Turbo wash:- This cycle is meant to complete the whole washing and drying process within an hour or so by using extra heat and water. This can be used in cases when you want to save your time and don’t have highly soiled dishes.
- Sanitize wash:- This program is aimed to offer thorough cleaning. It is handy when you want to sterilize utensils that need extra cleaning, such as baby bottles, or want deep cleaning to eliminate any minute impurities.
- Rinse cycle:- This wash program comes in quite handy when your utensils do not need a thorough cleaning. In this cycle, the utensils are just washed with clean water to remove any loose dirt particles.
Along with the size and different wash cycles in a dishwasher, its built material also plays a significant role. It decides the life of your appliance and how much energy it consumes. The material should be resistant to corrosion as a dishwasher remains in constant contact with water. Stainless steel dishwashers should be preferred over plastic ones due to their ability to withstand high temperatures and their ability to keep out foul smell.
It is essential that you decide your budget when looking for a dishwasher to buy. This is because the dishwashers available in the market are spread over a wide range, and their features also vary according to their range. Many effective dishwashers are available in the market, which are budget-friendly like we have listed above. Often, people spend a lot of money to buy a dishwasher but later realize that the machine is incompatible with them. You should also pay attention to the installation charges and the regular maintenance cost that the device may need. Therefore, price is an essential factor, and deciding on a particular price will help you select the best suitable dishwasher for you.
Some dishwashers tend to make a lot of noise, which may be a cause of disturbance for your family. The dishwashers in which the pump and motor are mounted on the top become the real cause of nuisance, and those with the motors mounted in the base-pan are quiet and ideal. The noise levels also depend upon the insulation material used. It is advised, therefore, to see whether the dishwashers promise a quiet operation. To minimize the noise, it is suggested to look for one-piece designs rather than two-piece. Newer machines also come with a magnet technology where the motor runs without any friction, thereby producing very noise.
While buying any home appliance, it is important to see if it conserves water and energy, thereby not harming the environment. This can be done by looking at the energy certifications of these appliances. Some dishwashers also have features that are designed to save water, such as the rinse and hold cycle and the upper/lower rack wash feature. They operate on lesser resources and contribute positively to our environment. A person should always make sure to carefully read the product description to see how much power it consumes, what is its water requirement per cycle etc. This will help you to make a responsible decision towards the environment.
Also Read, If you want to buy the best mixer grinder or more about its information and reviews.
Compliance with hard water
It is well known that how much it is difficult to wash anything with hard water due to its inability to form foam and cleanse effectively. The problem of hard water exists in many Indian households. To overcome this, many dishwashers now come with water softening technology where the salt level in the hard water is lowered down to increase its effectiveness.
Types of dishwasher
Dishwashers are majorly divided into two types depending on their installation process- free-standing or integrated built-in. Let us see the difference.
- Free-standing dishwasher:- These are the most common type of dishwashers because of their easy-to-use nature. Free-standing dishwashers can be found in a large number of homes in India. They can be easily moved from one place to another and are perfect for people who live in rented apartments and frequently change their accommodations. As they are prevalent in many households, there are numerous models available in different price ranges to suit your needs, and they are relatively easy to install, repair, and replace.
- Built-in dishwasher:- Built-in dishwashers are meant to fit in your kitchen under the countertop perfectly and are hidden behind a kitchen cabinet door. They are useful when you have your own home and want a uniform look for your kitchen. They are fixed in one place, so they can’t be moved if you plan to move elsewhere. These types of dishwashers are ideal for people who pay extra attention to looks and aesthetics.
- Dishwasher Drawers:- These types of dishwashers are ideal for small kitchens and for those who have less demand for dishwashing. They can be highly compact like the single drawer dishwasher and is advisable for those who want to save space. If you are looking for a slightly larger alternative, you can always go for a double drawer dishwasher that fits a standard size kitchen. The main advantage of having a dishwasher.
- Countertop Dishwashers:- Many people think that portable and countertop dishwashers are the same, but they are not. A countertop dishwasher is meant to be placed on the counter, unlike the portable or free-standing ones, which can be placed anywhere and rolled off when not in use.
Also, the countertop dishwasher has lesser place settings as compared to a portable dishwasher, and they are unable to fit very large utensils. The most significant plus point of a countertop dishwasher is the amount of water it uses per wash, i.e., only 7.5 liters of water. In contrast, a portable dishwasher may use up to 11 liters.
These are the type of dishwashers that are currently available in the market. Along with having different installation procedures and providing a varying amount of space, they may also offer many additional and useful features that we shall see in the next section.
It is important to clean the dishwasher that you have purchased. Here are some of the explain important ways that you can follow: Best Way to Cleaning Dishwasher.
Essential features in a dishwasher
In addition to different wash cycles, users may also be provided with a lot of extra features to customize their machine’s operation. These features are introduced in the appliance to enhance the comfort and experience of the user. Also, the availability of some of these features in one device makes it different from the other. Therefore, these features also help you to make a wise choice according to your budget.
In addition to the different wash cycles that come in the dishwashers, you should also check out these features whenever you are looking to purchase a dishwasher.
This feature allows the user to start operating the machine at half load conditions without having to wait for a full load. This means that you just need to fill the dishwasher in either the upper rack or the lower rack. The cleaning takes place through the spray arm of whichever rack you use. It can be used when you have a few utensils to wash. This feature ensures to save the time of the user by completing the wash in a shorter span of time. In addition to that, it also saves water and energy.
Dishwashers mainly employ two types of smart sensors: auto clean sensor or the soil sensors. These sensors are designed to detect the utensil load, the amount of dirt on them and then utilize water and detergent accordingly. This feature is quite helpful in saving water and energy.
A delay timer allows users to schedule the machine operation according to the time that is suitable for them, like 1 to 2 hours later from now. After the utensils are loaded, the washing process starts at the scheduled time. This feature is helpful as it allows users to work at their convenience without having to remember when to start operating the machine.
This feature is a boon to the Indian families as many places face frequent power cuts in India. The sudden disconnect in power supply frequently can lead to severe damage to your device’s functioning. With the help of the auto-restart feature, the machine can start its function from the same point it stopped, without any difficulty.
Many times, children tend to change the programming settings of your appliances accidentally while playing. To solve this common problem, brands have brought dishwashers with a child lock. This feature ensures your device’s utmost safety and prevents any accidental changes to the programs by children of the house.
When it comes to buying a dishwasher, noise is considered an important factor to consider. Higher noise levels can disrupt the peaceful home environment. Therefore, appliances come with low noise levels these days. The noise levels of any device are measured in decibels, and it is always advised to choose a model that operates below 50 decibels for a noise-less experience.
The love for food binds together people around the world. But this joy of eating food is followed by the tedious task of washing dishes. Especially in India, where food is prepared using a lot of spices and oil, washing utensils is the least favorite household chore to do. Washing dishes with hands wastes precious resources like water, and the constant exposure to detergents and chemicals are harmful to health. Therefore, the need for dishwashers arises.
Dishwashers make sure no extra resources are wasted in addition to making your lifestyle more and more comfortable every day. They are designed to function according to your needs. Many brands in the market have designed dishwashers by keeping the requirements of every Indian household in mind. These brands have made sure to pay attention to each and every detail like the oil and grease stains that won’t go, delicate crockeries, and glassware that can break easily and have also ensured that these devices operate at low sound levels.
Still, it is quite natural for a person to get puzzled when purchasing a dishwasher for his kitchen. In this article, we have covered the best dishwashers that are currently available in India in 2020 to make that task easier for you. Also, we have made sure that the next time you go to the market searching for a dishwasher, you know what to look for and make a wise purchase.